how to know which size to choose when buying online

Discussion in 'Soft Gear' started by firedog, Jul 27, 2013.

1. firedog

firedog Member

hi guys well im gonna buy some gear in ans and i dont understand the sizing chart they put in the page, so can someone help me how to choose which size to buy

2. Ty

Ty Decay Staff Member Premium

You need to be a bit more specific man, what exactly are you buying pads/pants/jerseys and what brand?
    What is your current waist and tshirt size if you are buying pants and a jersey?

3. Disabled Hitman

Disabled Hitman Moderator Staff Member

i am 6ft and i always get medium based on your size i would get small pants and medium jersey 

4. firedog

firedog Member

im buying elbow pads knee pads chest protector slide shorts and gloves, everything is empire 2013 series, and im 5 ft 8

5. Ty

Ty Decay Staff Member Premium

I'd advice against the chest protector, they're fairly useless in my opinion.
    I think what adam said is right, Empires line follows standard sizing, but for example if you were to buy an XL Empire jersey and you wanted the same size but in dye, you would need to go for an XXL.

6. firedog

firedog Member

but can somebody explain me how to use the ansgear sizing chart

7. firedog

firedog Member

and by the way guys, whats the price of a 68 ci hpa tank in sharjah

8. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam New Member

Ty has a point buddy, do you know your own measurements for waist etc.? I think the ANS sizing chart would be using the American sizing chart (with the use of inches) so measure your waist and stuff using inches? I'm not sure if that answers your question.

9. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam New Member

Hey man, I just checked it out the chart now. It's pretty straight forward in my opinion, if you're a 32" waist you would be a medium for example. The reason folk can be a 30" 31" 32" waist and still order a medium is because the pants can be adjusted to fit that specific dude? Is that relevant to what you're asking? Ty has a better understanding, he'll know I guess. Lol :)

10. Disabled Hitman

ans gear goes by the sizing on the product lol they dont have there own chart they look at the tagg and put it down each company has a chart, like ty said empire runs normal but some companies like dye there stuff run a bit small, and you can always talk to there live chat when they are online they are very helpful, better than us. and one more thing try not to get the 2013 line empire makes great padding save money and get the previous years, cuz they are quite a bit of money 

11. firedog

firedog Member

i have the money to buy it so cost doesnt mater, but my problem isnt the pants, its stuff like the chest protector or like the elbow pads and the gloves

12. nikah

nikah Moderator Staff Member

you need to just try them on. talk to someone on the forum who has empire soft gear and arrange a meeting or ask if you can try some on at the next practice.

13. Disabled Hitman

Iv got empire arm pads and empire sliding shorts u can try on Aug practice

14. firedog

firedog Member

guys, is it worth buying a gearbag?

15. nikah

nikah Moderator Staff Member

whatever works for you buddy.

16. Disabled Hitman

If u got the money go for it. I love my eclips bag to death

17. bcurzadd

bcurzadd Member

Just my 2 fils... If you're buying a jersey, I would get one 2 sizes larger than your t-shirt size. You need room for elbow pads and you want a little extra room so it doesn't restrict your arms when you're trying to shoot.

18. firedog

firedog Member

okay thanks

19. jameswatts

jameswatts New Member

You need to be a bit more specific man, what exactly are you buying pads/pants/jerseys and what brand?
    What is your current waist and tshirt size if you are buying pants and a jersey? But i am 6ft and i always get medium based on your size i would get small pants and medium jersey. Empire is good but is not comfortable because i have use it.